Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Before you know it...

He will be four and she will be two in a few weeks. That is not even close to the number of stretch marks left during their stay at the mo(m)tel. Or the number of laugh lines that have magically appeared on my face over the last four years. BUT, oh my, the joy that I receive each day from these two is beyond measure. How can something really agitate you and make you so happy in the same moment? How can it be that he, the second love of my life, is almost four? The third love of my life is challenging and will bring about more grays than the other.

He is clever. She is funny. He corrects my speech when I say the wrong word. She bites me when she does not get her way. He introdues himself by shakeing hands and sharing his first and last name. She smiles and looks sweet, but growls when someone comments on how pretty she is. He is his father made over. Handsome and caring. She is her mother made over. Ghetto booty and selfish. (hopefully it is just a stage....the selfishness....I think she is stuck with the ghetto booty).

Before you know it, they have grown to two beautiful children and I just adore them. I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. so cute. and i love the ghetto booty and selfish part. i can relate ;)

    ReplyDelete