Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sister on a "horse"

So, the story goes, when I was about 2, I begged mom to let me ride the coin-operated horse in front of a very busy Houston grocery store at 5 on a Friday afternoon. Mom-as strict as she was-refused. I continued my plea with Dad. (Who was asleep in the couch). He agreed and took me and the video camera. After a few seconds of normal trotting on the majestic horse, a little kick sped it up.....and it went faster and faster. Mom, who was standing by for support, could barely contain herself as she uncontrollably laughed and her only daughter (at the time) getting whip-lash on a crappy coin-operated horse at some old dirty grocery store in the bad part of Houston. (See how the story changes as I try to stick up for my poor self 30 years later). WELL....as you see in the video, Mom was being very supportive of my future equestrian efforts. (I am afraid of horses to this day) I only hope sister can look back and laught at herself as I have....ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment