Monday, January 25, 2010

Winter Wonderland

A few weeks ago it was really really cold here. In order to keep the pipes from freezing, my fabulous husband kept the waterhose spraying and made a winter wonderland beside the house. Michael and Katelynn loved it and had a great time. I hope every one stayed warm and is ready for the warmer weather.


Daddy showed Michael how to eat them....but warned against yellow ones!


So, it looks like I only took pics of Michael during the Winter Wonderland Celebration. I promise we let her play also. I think I took these pictures while she was napping.
If you listen (turn up your speakers) you can hear him singing a little tune to himself in this video.

Michael, Katelynn, and I worked on the garden Sunday. We pulled weeds and tilled up the dirt. It turns out, my tilling and hoeing muscles are not used on a regular basis. I was sweating and huffing and puffing. We found several snails and doodle bugs, a frog, a skink, fire ants (found me acutally), 4 onions, and the strawberry plant (it survived woo-hoo).

My neighbor (Lorelei's mom) has inspired me to really pay attention to the garden. I will be blogging more about the garden. I am going to actually take advantage of the great space Mike created and really go for it. I will do it...just like blogging....I will do it.

1 comment:

  1. Corey and I were just commenting on how well you had done with keeping your blog updated this year! Both of my Lewis grandbabies are singers! Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete