Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We're Back!!!



Worst blog ever....I will label it myself!


The below was typed while I waited for 3 pictures of the snow to upload. Several face book updates and iTunes purchases later, still no photos. I think my internet connection is too weak to accomplish what I intended tonight. So, use this as "teasers" for all the blogging to come. I am still trying with some of the current stuff at the very bottom. You should still be able to appreciate the creativeness and care I was TRYING to put into blogging this evening.......


Meet Michael Lewis.....Kindergarten graduate!
SNOW:



Yep it snowed. It was beautiful and cold.






Fred Lobster:

The best pasture race in East Texas. (Probably the only one.) Mike flipped the car. I missed it because I was watching Michael be a big boy in line at the port-o-potty...turned around and Mike's car is upside down....turned around and Michael is gone (thankfully IN the port-o-potty)....turned around and Mike was flipped back over......turned back around and bubbie was safe at my side. Whew....emotional!






A New Kitchen!:



And it is beautiful. All done by Mike (with a little assistance from his special helpers...) It is beautiful (have I said that already). Mike did a great job.






Visiting Granny:



We went down to Palacios to see Granny (Mike's Mom) during spring break. The kids did great and had a good time. It was a very nice visit. We even got to see Aunt Jo.






Easter Egg Hunting and Dying:



Sister didn't like the the dying part. We went up to the church to hunt eggs. (Yep I said church - we go now) After the easter egg hunt we stayed and had a picnic on the grounds by the lake. We had a wonderful visit with the Cooley family.






Sister's spring program:



Red is an apple, Red is a rose, Red is a stop sign and a funny clown nose. I know that's what she said because she is still repeating it. (I couldn't tell what they were saying while on stage). Ms. Ko-Ko is a great singer!!






Cubs T-ball:



Go Team. First time for baseball. Luckily, we were "drafted" by a guy from church so we knew several of the boys playing and even had friends for Katelynn during the games (little sisters). Michael had some good games. He slid almost everytime he crossed the plate. The rules are a little different than regular baseball (all boys bat each inning, but if you are thrown out you go back to the dugout) but perfect for our first year. Thanks to Coach Brad for being SO VERY PATIENT!!






Daddy's Birthday:



Happy Birthday to my love. I am so blessed. See, I am smiling just typing about him!






Michael's Frog:



This is only being blogged about because I got some great pictures. We found this in the cattle trough a.k.a. swimming pool. Both the kids were in the "pool" until sister saw the frog. She got out REAL quick. Michael played with him until I convinced him that he could not keep him. Katelynn was glad when he hopped off so she could get back in.






Kindergarten Graduation:



Yep. We made it. All the way through Kindergarten. He can read! And spell. It is amazing. Thank you to Mrs. Gazette.






Anniversary:



Nine fabulous years. Utterly speechless. Blessed beyond measure.






Lake Day:



Now caught up. This is from this Sunday. Our family spent the morning on the boat. The boys rode the tube and we had fun swimming.






Swimming Lessons:



Day one: Ms. Laurie asked me to be G-O-N-E so maybe the kids would stop screaming and participate in the lesson. Five minutes later she needed me to chase down Michael and get him back to the pool. Thank you to Ms. Amanda for helping drag both back to the pool. Lots of apologies to Ms. Laurie as we left with her reassurance that we would be okay.






Day two: Sister not able to make it. (She has a sore again and the doctor advised that she not swim.....if she wasn't 3 I would think she paid the doctor to say that...how convenient!!) So, it's just Michael. Lots of pep talking on the way. Head goes under. No crying. (WHAT?!?) Face in the water for a count to 5. (WHAT?!?) "Mom, watch me go under." (WHAT?!?) Who is this kid and do I have to give him back? He was so very proud of him self. It even lasted until bath time.






Now, if you have ever been around my children during bath time or splash play in the back yard, you know that we have to have a towel handy to get the water off. Not no more. Not today. Not even at bath time. (WHAT?!?)






Michael was so pumped he had to take a deep bath so he could show his daddy how good he could do it. (Never seen his daddy so proud!)

















No comments:

Post a Comment