Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Elevated Parenting

Sunday, March 23, 2014: Sister decided she is ready to be baptized and be a follower of Christ. We are so excited. She will be baptized in Easter Sunday. 

This is such a wonderful decision for her. And it means that it's time to bring my "A" game. (Whatever that is... I feel like I'm a solid B some days but A?? Aaaahhhhh) 

I've been just parenting her and teaching her and loving her. I believe now this adds a new parenting "level". I need to show her what this decision means and how to live it out. I need to show her how a relationship with Jeus works day to day because this determines many future steps for her. (No pressure....)

And as I've been distracted by this new level of parenting with Sister, I was a little blindsided by some needs Little Man is having. He's 9 and being "cool" is beginning to matter. And believe it or not, this incredible little man feels like he's on the outskirts... So we discussed loneliness last night. (This is a heart-breaking topic.)

I know loneliness well. I'm well versed in all the feelings and defeats that lonliness will throw in your face. As an adult I felt this lonliness frequently. It has only been in the last few years that God has answered this plea to fill my friend hole with someone. And He filled me and continues to answer this prayer the more I seek Him. 

How do you show your kid how to be cool? Not just liked, but cool. Can someone show me how to be cool so I can show him? 

It's time to step out of my comfort zone and loosen my grip on my Little Man and let him discover "cool" all my himself. No one's mom walked them up to the "cool" table and found them a seat! 

See? Elevated. "A" Game. Bringing It. 

I have a feeling that this is just the first of many steps I'm going to have to face. But I don't like change and I don't like my peeps to face challenges....and I'll just have to get over it. 

Don't be surprised if you see a new level of "excellence" here at the Lewis compound. Flying by the seat of my pants...for real!!

Be encouraged. Love your peeps. 

Joyfully full of it,

Tiff

1 comment:

  1. Loving on your sister is cool - take it from a little sister with a big brother ;)

    (this WILL matter in the years to come)

    ReplyDelete