Sunday, August 9, 2009

Kindergarten here we come!


Michael starts school in two weeks. I was going to be pro-active and school shop before the weekend before school. Early, easy, done. HA!! The picture above if our school supply list. We had to go online to find it because they did not have a copy for Michael's school at Wal-Mart when we went yesterday. I assumed (or maybe hoped) that mean't we didn't need any supplies to start school. Once again...HA! (I am so naive).

Once we got Katelynn down enough for us to sneak out of the house, off we went to school shop. We tried Ross first. Found a cool pair of hiking boots and a couple shirts. Decided to go to marshall’s. Found a new toy, got sister one too. Oh, and a shirt. So, we really struck out at the cool places and decided to try Wal-Mart. We have to get the actual school supplies anyway, so why not.

Yeah, seems like everyone follows me to Wal-Mart. (It is very rude.) I felt like I was on some kind of super specific scavenger hunt. The supplies Wal-Mart has marked down to pennies each….are not on our list.
Well, we have glue on the list, but not the SIZE Wal-Mart has out and cheap.
We have pencils on the list and it is actually the right brand, but we need 12 not 10, so we bought two packages.
Crayola Markers….surely this will be easy….nope. Can’t find the washable.
Okay, crayons are next. Four boxes of 16 ct. We found one box, need 3 more.
Spiral notebooks, need four specific colors in wide rule….and so does everyone else in the state of Texas.

Moving on to the other items on the list. Hand sanitizer….don’t have 8 oz, have to buy the 12 oz. Gallon size baggies….don’t have the 25 ct, have to buy the 40 ct.
(ARE YOU SEEING A TREND? WILL THIS INABILITY TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS HAVE ANY AFFECT ON MY SON’S FIRST YEAR OF SCHOOL? OH THE STRESS…..)

Half-way thru the Wal-Mart portion of the afternoon, Michael took my list and decided he would write and draw (see illustration below). Then asked the question of the day…
”Mom, how do you spell bored?” Ain’t life grand.
This is a picture of me and Michael on our very first school supply shopping trip.

This is too many bubbles in the bath. (not school supply related, but I HAD to share!)




2 comments:

  1. wow! school supplies got very complicated. :-( Love the rock star photos! she's so you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad and I are LOLing!!! What fun! Sister can come and play her songs for us anytime! And I love the new rules! I think you should frame the portrait. I will go well in your living room with the other famous people. You made my heart smile!

    ReplyDelete