Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day Two...

Day Two for the My So-Called Life as a Proverbs 31 Wife Challenge

What were your results for Day 1? Have you prayed for your family today?

Day Two:

My Experiment: Today, get up earlier than you normally do and take a quick inventory of how your house looks.  What room feels good? Which rooms do not? Do a quick pick-up and put-away before your day gets started. This is not a heavy cleaning day, you're just putting away the clutter. Do the same thing tonight before you go to sleep.



It's easy to be excited about trying to be more godly. It's hard to remember exactly how to do that. Just because our experiment doesn't specifically say to pray for your husband and children....it would probably be a good idea to do it anyway. And not just when you are frustrated.

For example: "Dear God, please help Katelynn stop being a turd. Amen"




Dear God, Thank you for my family. Thank you for our home. Thank you for a life that has "things" to pick up. Thank you for the beautiful people that I get to pick up after. Help my desires line up with your will and for my patience to steadily grow as I raise these children up to love you. Even if they can't seem to pick up after themselves. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment