Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love is....

Happy Valentine's day! Or if you are single, Happy second day of lent!

In spite of every calendar I own that has the 14th clearly marked as a holiday and the red crap that has overtaken portions of Walmart for months, I waited until the day before v-day to hook hubby up with something would really show my love. I wam the worst gift giver EVER!! And he is thoughtful and always gives me something I just love. It sucks. So in the last few years I have quit stressing and trying. I'm going to fail still, just without the hype.

So in the mall, we "celebrated" with cookies....





We did not give them up for lent but did have to pause when placing our drink order. It was our first reminder as a family that we are participating in lent....and we didn't do a dang thing about it. Just ordered a lemonade and moved on. Fail!!

Moving on, I'm sure we will remember at some point and have a meaningful conversation and make Jesus very proud. We have 39 more days.

Tonight we are getting the Valentina's ready...at the last minute. Aren't you shocked!






Yes, she's going by Kate now. It's a lot easier to write. Katelynn is SO LONG!!



Michael even wrote out his. In between watching tv. We are very giddy about the holiday, can't you tell?

My goal is to recite the below verses to my family tomorrow and to work on being a person that loves (my family at least). I hope your v-day is fabulous. Remember not to lose it with the kids after school....they will be hyped up on sugar!

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


Fully in love with my hot husband.
Tiff




Mike: What are you doing?
Me: Taking a picture of you. (Cheesy smile...)
Mike: Well, stop.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment